Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DIY makeup brush spot cleaner

I have been using this spot cleaner for the past 2 months and it works better than the Mac brush cleaner.  So I thought I would share it with you guys.  I don't use an exact formula so I will do my best to give you some close measurements. 

Ingredients:
spray bottle
water
alcohol
baby wash
leave in conditioner (optional)


So first get your spray bottle I use a small bottle but you could use any bottle you want. 






Add water till the bottle is about half full.  If you have a bigger bottle I would fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full.





Then you will add a drop of baby wash.  If you have a bigger bottle just add 3-4 drops of baby wash.  Then add 2 cap fulls of alcohol.   If you are using a bigger bottle add 7-8 cap fulls.  You may add more if you desire.





This part is optional however I like the smell and it conditions your makeup brushes which is nice to.  Add just a little bit of leave in hair conditioner.  I use Aussie but you can use what ever kind you want.  I usually just do 2 sprays into the solution.  But just use your best judgement.

Now I will demo how I use it.



I use Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong but you can use any thing you want.  I like these and definitely recomend them because you can just flip it over and use the other side and it wont rip.   You also will need your dirty makeup brush I am using my Elf concealer brush that I use as a lip brush.  You will need to still wash your brushes regularly but this is great when you are wanting to use several colors.




Spray a little on to your brush. And start wiping the brush onto the tissue.  You will see a lot of color come off.  Depending on how dirty or thick the brush is you may have to do this several times. 





And you are now ready for the next color.

                                                                                                             xoCrystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...