Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Little Bit About Me.

This is my first blog so I am still learning so please bare with me as I try to figure all of this craziness out.  As most of you probably already know I am obsessed with makeup and skin care.  I have been
married to a great man for 8 years.  And I have 2 children a boy and a girl (I am so lucky).

I struggled most of my life with terrible skin.  I have a very bad case of rosacea.  This is when your face starts turning red and you can see visible blood vessels and you can even get breakouts that looks like acne.
For many years I was told I had really bad acne just to wash my face more often.  When I was 15 I started washing my face 3 times per day hoping my face would clear up.  Sadly it did not it just kept getting worse.  I went to several dermatologists and they just told me to wash my face and would give my pills and a lotion to use (I cant remember what they were sorry, I do know that they were very strong.)  It only seemed to make it worse.  When I was 16 I was put on birth control.  I noticed a difference in the amount of breakouts.  I still had large breakouts and my skin was still very red.  I looked like I was blushing all day long (embarrassing).  It was not until I was 20, and 6 months pregnant with my 2nd child. I was in the hospital because I had deep vain thrombosis.  It was a high risk pregnancy.  I finally had a doctor that wanted to figure out what was happening why nothing worked to clear my face.  He had another dermatologist come in and take a look at me.  She took 1 look at me and said you don't have acne you have an extreme case of rosacea due to it being untreated since I was 13 years old.  She gave me a lotion and cetaphil to wash my face.  i noticed a difference within 2 weeks my face was still pretty red but I had no large breakout.  It has been 6 years now and I still have a lot of redness and occasionally I get a small breakout.  But unfortunately I will have severe scarring on my face for the rest of my life.

For the past 6 years I have overcome my embarrassment and learned to embrace and love myself as I am.  I turned to makeup to help me out a little and for the past year. I have become seriously obsessed with it.  If only I had known about makeup when I was 16.  I had known a little but I grew up with not a lot of money so I could only get the old Covergirl foundation. You know the oily goopy mess you are supposed to put on your face GROSS.


                                                                                                            xoCrystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...