Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Busy mom's Crockpot Recipe (Teriyaki Chicken)

So I have been very busy lately so we were not eating very well. (McDonalds almost every night).  I got tired of it so I thought why not try and create something yummy in the crockpot I have not really done anything in the crockpot except for chili.  As I was browsing all the online recipe books I found a recipe for Teriyaki Chicken.  I thought to myself 'Why cant I make that in the crockpot'.  So I did.  I know some of you may be thinking that this is nothing new but I never thought of doing this before. 

I actually just tried this last night and my two kids and husband who are way to picky to try anything new, actually loved it.  It was really salty due to the soy sauce so I would recommend using low sodium soy sauce.  I also used Chicken Breast but you can use anything you want. 

Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

About 4 lbs of Chicken 
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
Veggies
rice (cook seperatly)

First put the Chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.  Then add the Brown Sugar and then the soy
sauce.  Cook this on low for about 5 hours then add the veggies of your choice (I used carrots and brocolli cause that is what I had laying around).  When everything is cooked and tender use a fork to shred the chicken.  Add this over the rice.  YUM YUM it is ready to eat.  

Hope you all enjoy this.

                                                                                                    xoCrystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...